Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
Did I mention that I recently brought home a puppy? Oh I did? That’s because I’m obsessed with him.
I try to keep Oliver as happy and healthy as possible. Being an [almost] dietitian means I value food and want to nourish my body to the best of my ability. I don’t want to turn around and feed my dog a bunch of junk! I pay a little extra for quality dog food and dog treats. The dog treats can cost a pretty penny though! I’ve started experimenting with making my own.
These treats were super simple, and a real crowd pleaser. Bailey and Oliver would not leave my side through the entire process. Probably because I let them lick the pumpkin and peanut butter spoons.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine eggs, pumpkin and peanut butter. Next, add flour and oats, and mix well until dough forms.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and roll to desired thickness. Using your favorite cookie cutters, cut out the biscuits and place on prepared baking sheet.
Aren’t these mustache cookie cutters just adorable? #hipsterpuppy
Bake biscuits in the oven for about 20 minutes, until crisp. Let cool, and let the puppy enjoy!
Ollie’s Peanut Butter Biscuits
1/4 cup peanut butter (be sure your PB does not contain xylitol!)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine eggs, pumpkin and peanut butter. Next, add flour and oats, and mix well until thick dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and using a rolling pin, roll to desired thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out shapes and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits in the oven for about 20 minutes, until crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.
These biscuits also make a great gift for the other dog lovers in your life!
What homemade dog treats have you made? Let me know!